Monday, November 16, 2009

Smoking pot no big deal?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/11/16/DI2009111601270.html

It really is amazing how far we have come as a country when even Marijuana is is starting to be legalized. In California, Pot is now legalized for medical use and aparently it is very easy to get a medical prescription to use it. Also the use recreationally among middle aged adults is starting to pick up again. The article actually states that there seems to be a generation gap among users in that the baby boomers are still using the drug frequently while it is not as prevelantly used by younger adults. I find it very interesting the different perspectives about the drug and look forward to seeing what happens with it legally from here.

I am for one not a Weed smoker, but do like the idea of it being legalized because it does not cause too much harm when used responsibly, can help erase the deficit int hat it can be taxed, and it costs the country way too much money with the number of inmates being held for possession. This drug could actually help society in a number of ways and has been proven to be perfectly safe and doable in other countries around the world legally.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely. I am not a pot smoker either, but it would really bennifit the country if they worried about other things other than this.

    ReplyDelete