Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nastier bosses are more insecure, study finds

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/710602--nastier-bosses-are-more-insecure-study-finds

This article shows that employers (specifically bosses) take out their frustrations about their insecurities within the job on their employees. This shows that people can use their power to their advantage to put inferiors within the workplace down. The article points out that “the more incompetent the boss thought they were, the more aggressive they became to people who worked for them.” This goes to show why certain people change once they are put into a powerful position and also helps explain why people appear power hungry once they have achieved status and hope to maintain that status. I tend to agree with the article.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see how this is true. People who are insecure tend to try and put others around them down to make them feel better about themselves. This can certainly be true in the workplace, as well, because if a boss feels insecure, whether it may be in their personal life or work life, and see someone else that may or may not seem to be superior or happier, that is threatening. I had a boss one time that would snap, yell, and berate anyone that corrected him or did something faster or better than him. So I can agree with this article.

    ReplyDelete